The information below is relevant for all authors presenting at WEC 2019. Any presentation related queries should be directed to [email protected].
Accepted presenters must be registered for the Convention by 1 August 2019.
View the registration page.
The WEC 2019 Speaker Preparation Lounge onsite is proudly sponsored by Cyient.
Oral presentations for WEC 2019 should be accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation in 16:9 format. A presentation slides template is available to use but is not compulsory.
Oral presentations are 15 minutes in length, a Q&A may be included within this time frame.
Mini oral are 5 minutes in length with no Q&A.
A maximum of two presenters may present a single presentation. No additional time will be given.
Presentations need to be prepared and ready to submit by October 2019.
Preparing your poster
- poster presentations should be A0 in size (1189mm x 841mm);
- posters should be in portrait orientation;
- there is no template for posters;
- posters do not need to be reviewed by WEC;
- you may include text, images, graphs, etc. as you see fit. Images and fonts sizes should be large enough to be clearly legible from a short distance;
- a minimum of size 20 font is recommended;
- it is recommended that posters are professionally printed on poster paper.
- posters for WEC 2019 should be brought to the registration desk outside Door 6 on the exhibition concourse on Wednesday 20 November (see red star on floorplan);
- you are required to put up your poster by 10am Wednesday 20 November;
- posters will be affixed to large boards (located at the back of the exhibition hall) by Velcro, we will provide you with Velcro when you arrive at the registration desk;
- your poster will be assigned a numbered location within the exhibition hall, this number is available in the WEC poster listing, which will be available at the registration desk;
- no power is available for posters;
- posters will be displayed for the duration of the Convention;
- your poster needs to be removed by 2pm Friday 22 November. Posters will not be stored and any posters not removed by this time will be discarded.
- Members of Engineers Australia can claim up to 22 CPD hours for attending WEC 2019.